Monday, February 2, 2009

The God "Experience"

I'm sitting here getting ready to go to bed and just had this thought and had to write about it before i forgot about it.
I've noticed that sometimes people, (myself included) tend to seek the "experience" of God, and not God himself. We just want to "feel" God and then we're happy until we come back when our cup is empty. Instead of living like this, I want to daily have my cup refilled! It's kinda like when you go to a resturant and the guy constantly fills your glass even when you've only taken 4 sips out of it. Or what about when people come by and fill your mug with more coffee, making the coffee warmer than what it was previously. Well it's like that with God. I want to have God pour a fresh anointing, and a fresh since of His presence in my life, everyday. How can we stand to live on yesterday's cold coffee? God wants to refresh us, but we settle for less when God has more to give. The Bible says to recieve the fullness of God. sometimes we are content with part of it. I know I want to live everyday with a fresh anointing. I want that refilling in my coffee cup! I don't want just an experience, I want God! (I don't mean to talk down upon the awesome experiences we do have with God. Thats not what I'm trying to say at all) I want to see God's face. I want to know every little thing about Him and His personality. Everyday is a new adventure with my father, and I cherish every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment