Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Driving on Empty

A few Sundays ago as I was pulling out of church and passed the Rapid Roberts that is pretty much right across from our church. I was so low on gas that the gas light had come on a few different times that morning, but for some reason I didn't stop for gas. I thought I could make it to my destination and that I would gas up later. I passed another gas station and decided that I should get gas, but again, I drove right past it. I saw one coming up, this time it was a casey's.... but I wasn't sure how to pull in so I just kept on going. I did make it to my destination (grandma's house) but I couldn't help but think that this is how sometimes how we can be in our spiritual lives. We have a spiritual tank that needs to be filled each and every day. Sometimes we try to run in our own strength  or at times we are almost on empty but decide to keep going instead of letting the Holy Spirit fill us.
I just want to challenge you (myself included), to make sure our spiritual tank is full before we start our day. 

1 comment:

  1. This happened to me the other day!! However, just know that when we are sitting on empty, we have faith that we will make it to a gas station on time, and an upside to running low on the Holy Spirit is that we still keep the faith to make it back.

    ReplyDelete